Top 10 Dog Training Tips
Dogs are sensitive animals that need constant care and proper training for them to relate well with the owner and other people. For better results, it is recommended that training a dog should be the foremost task of the owner. Moreover, similar to human beings, dogs need time to learn and can prove to be exceptional learners. However, the learning process needs to be carefully handled to accomplish meaningful results. Therefore, a few easy dog training tips are crucial to facilitate this development. The following 10 training dog tips are useful to both dog owners and trainers in the teaching process.
- Communication. A good relationship is built on an excellent communication. Small easy to train dogs are good communicators, as they always try to talk back. Developing this aspect lets your dog know that he/she can be able to inform you about something important.
- Develop a listening habit. Just as you talk to your dog, it is important to listen to them. Both small easy to train dogs and territorial dog training can be a difficult ordeal if the trainer does not listen to the dogs. It is imperative for the instructor to be keen on what the dog is trying to communicate and be able to fulfill the dog`s need.
- Be affectionate. Parallel to human beings, dog`s appreciate affection. Through communication and love, dogs can differentiate what is right from what is wrong. Therefore, as you may dismiss a dog behaving inadequately, you should also praise a dog that acts graciously. Furthermore, rewarding a good deed is encouraged.
- Boundary Creation. Mainly in territorial dog training, the dog owner should create and introduce boundaries to the dog. Boundaries will instill discipline and respect in the dog that will aid in creating order and facilitating control.
- Develop Consistency. Make sure that everyone around the dog is aware of the lessons taught so that the dog receives similar directives. Inconsistency in commands is confusing to a dog and will delay the learning process. For instance, in territorial dog training, if the dog is not allowed to cross a particular boundary then all individuals in the house should maintain that rule. No one should excuse the dog and give him/her special privileges.
- Cyclical learning. The trainer should be repeating the lessons passed to the dog on a frequent basis. Hence, the dog will be more familiar with the instructions. It is not advised to introduce new aspects before previous lessons are learned.
- Liberty. As you present boundaries, it is also essential to allow the dog to move around most parts of the house at certain times or particular days. As well, the dog should be taken out to feel free and not confined to a particular setting.
- Play. Every dog should be given the opportunity to play. Apart from making the dog active, playing with a dog strengthens the bond between the trainer and the dog that improves the communication process.
- Relaxing techniques. After a joyous day at the park, the owner needs to bath the dog and provide a conducive environment to facilitate relaxation and sleep. Relaxing helps a dog develop quickly and learn faster.
- Time. Finally, every dog owner should practice spending time with his/her dog. Apart from playing with the dog, the owner can be sitting close to the dog to further strengthen the relationship between the two.