Top 10 Benefits of Lemon Water
Mentioned below are the top 10 benefits of lemon water that has made it so popular.
1. Lemon is a rich source of potassium. This is very important for the brain, nerves and for a healthy heart.
2. Lemon remains as a rich source of Vitamin C that helps to build our immune system. In addition it helps to relieve stress.
3. In case of indigestion, lemon helps to remove its symptoms such as burping, bloating and heartburn. Next it helps to remove the toxins from the digestive tract and aids in digestion this way.
4. Lemon juice can help to relive toothaches and gingivitis. It can even erode tooth enamel. Thus lemon juice should be allowed to stay in the mouth for some time. This means that teeth must be brushed before consuming it or else there must be a dlay on brushing of teeth after consuming lemon water.
5. Consuming lemon water helps to reduce wrinkles and blemishes in the skin. This is because it removes toxins from the bloodstream. In addition, lemon water can even be applied on scars and burn marks to reduce their appearance. The detoxification effect of lemon water in the blood stream brings a radiance to the skin.
6. It is the pectin fibres in lemon water that help to curb hunger cravings. This means that consuming lemon water will help to lose weight too.
7. For reducing inflammation, lemon juice is a good option. This is because lemon reduces acidity from the body. The uric acid from the joints also gets removed. This way it helps to reduce inflammation.
8. Lemon juice entering the digestive tract helps to provide energy to the body.
9. Having lemon water in the morning helps to cut out that caffeine craving and prevents that afternoon crash later.
10. Viral infections and corresponding sore throats can be cured with warm lemon water.